Provide by the Center for Institutional Effectiveness
- 20-25% of entering first year students are Open Option
- There are no differences in academic background between OO students and those who enter with a declared major
- Open Option students have fewer major changes than students who enter with a declared major
- Open Option students do not always graduate from a major in the school of their original affiliation
- There are no significant differences in retention, time to degree and graduating GPA, between students who enter Open Option and those entering into a declared major.